- 8 graham crackers
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
Filling (make sure all ingredients are at room temperature):
- 4- 8oz. bars of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of peach liqueur (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder
- Ground graham crackers in food processor with the melted butter, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Press this crust on the bottom of a springform pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, set aside and make the filling, reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients in stand mixer with the paddle attachment until ingredients are fully blended and creamy.
- Line exterior of springform pan with aluminum foil (to prevent leaks).
- Pour filling over crust and place the springform pan inside a large roasting pan because the cheesecake needs to be baked in a bain marie.
- Place pan in the oven and pour hot water in the roasting pan (easier this way rather than pouring water while pans are still out of the oven.)
- Bake at 325°F for 75 minutes.
- Let cool down a bit and then run a small spatula or butter knife around the edge of the springform to loosen up the cake so it will not crack on top.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle gelatin on water and let dissolve for about 5 minutes.
- Heat up preserves in a saucepan, then add water with the gelatin and mix well. Optional: add 1 tablespoon of peach liqueur.
- Remove from heat and let cool down for a few minutes.
- Pour topping over cheesecake evenly using a strainer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and enjoy!
This recipe is courtesy of one of our customers, “Baby Kat”.