Brie Turnover Salad
Prep Time: 25 minutes. Total Time: 50 minutes. 4 servings.
- ½ cup port
- ½ cup Montepulciano Red Wine
- ¼ cup raspberries, fresh
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 4 tbsp walnut oil (or olive oil)
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 8 oz Brie cheese
- 6 sheets Filo dough
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups mixed baby greens: arugula, mizuna, etc (washed & dried)
- ¼ cup walnut halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Carefully lay out 1 sheet of filo dough. Brush lightly with butter.
- Cover with 2 more sheets brushing each with butter.
- With knife, cut filo into straight strips about 3” wide. Repeat process with 3 additional sheets. (You will only be using 8 strips)
- Put equal amounts of Brie cheese at the end of each strip and form a triangle by folding the right hand corner to the opposite side. Continue folding until the entire strip is used.
Combine wine, port, sugar and raspberries and reduce over medium heat.
In a blender, put reduced mixture, vinegar and shallot and blend at a low speed. Add oils slowly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees and bake walnuts until slightly brown and aromatic, 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool
- In 350 degree oven, bake turnovers until golden brown (approx 6-8 minutes).
- In a large bowl place the greens, add dressing and toss lightly.
- Adjust seasoning and divide among 4 plates.
- Place 2 turnovers on top of each and sprinkle walnuts around.