Chicken & Artichoke Florentine Casserole
Recipe thanks to Better Homes and Gardens
Serves 6 people
- 8 oz. dried Anna farfalle pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 14 oz. Cento artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup Roland sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Cento flavored bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cook pasta until tender, drain and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp. butter to a skillet over medium heat, and cook onion until tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir in chopped chicken, monterey jack cheese, quartered artichoke hearts, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and 1/8 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, cooked pasta, and cooked onion.
- Transfer mixture to a 13×9″ or 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Combine rest of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, bread crumbs, paprika, and melted butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over pasta, and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes, or until golden.