Tender Chicken Marsala
This recipe originally appeared on Saveur.com
Serves 4 people
- 1 1/4 lb. chicken cutlets, pounded to 1/4 thickness
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup. + 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp. Cento Pure olive oil
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine
- 1/3 cup Cento chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper, dredging in 1/3 cup flour.
- In a 12 skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tbsp. oil and 1 tbsp. unsalted butter.
- Cook chicken in batches until golden, about 3 minutes each, turning once. Transfer cutlets to a plate and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp. oil and 1 tbsp. unsalted butter to skillet, and cook mushrooms until golden, about 8 minutes. Transfer to plate with chicken.
- Add remaining oil to skillet, and cook garlic and shallots until soft, stirring, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining flour and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in Marsala wine and chicken stock, scraping bottom of pan, and cook until slightly thick, about 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken and mushrooms to the skillet. Cook until heated thoroughly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter. Season to taste, garnish with parsley, and serve. Goes great with fresh green beans and rice or mashed potatoes.