Doris Pasta Arrabbiata
Prep Time: 30 minutes. Servings: 8 (about 1 ½ cups each)
- 1/3 cup Doris Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28oz) Doris Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can (28oz) Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano leaves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 pound dry penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup (4oz) freshly shredded
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat 1 minute. Add garlic; cook 3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes with their juice. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; stir in red pepper, oregano and salt. Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta in large saucepan according to package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water. Return pasta and the reserved cooking water to same saucepan; stir in ½ cup of the cheese. Set aside.
- Stir basil into prepared sauce. Add 2 cups of the sauce to pasta mixture; mix lightly. Spoon onto serving platter; top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup cheese.