Doris Special Clam Bake
Feeds approx. 6-8 people
- 2lbs peel & eat large shrimp
- 2lbs large mussels
- 4 doz. littleneck clams
- 4 corn on the cob
- 2lbs red potatoes
- 32oz chicken stock
- 11oz moretti la rossa beer
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2oz cup old bay seasoning
- Rinse all raw fish and vegetables
- Place potatoes at bottom of a 10 quart pot or 2- 5 quart (if you do not have a 10 quart) and divide ingredients evenly.
- Place all 2lbs of mussels on top of potatoes
- Place all littleneck clams on top of mussels
- Cut each of the 4 ears of corn in half and place on top of the clams
- Place all shrimp on top of the corn.
- Sprinkle all of the seasoning around the pot.
- Cut stick of butter into 4 pieces and place in pot.
- Pour all of the chicken stock (32oz) and bottle of beer over the contents in the pot and cover.
- Simmer on medium to high heat for approximately 30-40 minutes, or until potatoes and corn are fork tender.
- Empty entire clam bake into a large serving bowl or pan and Enjoy!