Grilled Italian Hamburgers
This recipe was originally found on Williams-Sonoma.com
Servings: 4 people
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/4 inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 4 tbsp pesto
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 Italian rolls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fire up the grill.
- In a medium bowl, add the onion, bell pepper, and coat with olive oil. Season the veggies with salt and pepper.
- Place onion and pepper on aluminum foil, and fold to create a grilling tent, securing tightly on the top and sides.
- Mix together the meat, 1/2 of the pesto, the minced garlic, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, forming into 4 patties.
- In a small bowl, mic the mayo and remaining pesto, and set aside.
- Lightly oil your grill with a cooking spray, and place the packet of vegetables on the rack. Cover the grill for about 14 minutes, turning the packet occasionally.
- Add the hamburger patties to the grill and cover. Turn only once during cooking until browned on both sides and desired temperature is reached.
- Before patties are thoroughly cooked, place the split Italian rolls onto the grill to toast, approximately 1 minute.
- Spread the pesto mayonnaise on the rolls, add the hamburger, and top with peppers and onions.