Italian Beef & Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Recipe appears thanks to Kathy on Beyond Diet
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 large fresh spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds, coating the inside with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place sides sliced side down onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 35-45 minutes.
- Sauté the mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, onion, and bell pepper in olive oil in a large skillet. Add the ground beef, and sauté until cooked thoroughly. Add the tomato sauce and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Continue to simmer while you prepare the squash.
- Remove the squash from the oven carefully, using oven mitts. Scrape out the squash using a fork, placing the spaghetti strands into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Pour the sauce, beef and vegetables over the squash, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese has melted.