Authentic Italian Meat Loaf
This flavorful recipe for Italian meat loaf was posted to My Recipes by David Bonom, and originally appeared on Cooking Light.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 1/2 lbs ground round
- 1 cup Doris’ Own tomato-basil sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup Cento Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/2 cup tomato-basil sauce, and remaining ingredients (except non-stick cooking spray), mixing all ingredients together.
- Coat a broiled pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Shape the mixture into an 8 x 4 loaf, and brush remaining tomato-basil sauce on top.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160°.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.