Macadamia Nut Pesto
- Handful of Fresh Basil
- Two handfuls of Spinach & Baby Kale Mix
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- One Fresh Garlic Clove
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Nuts
- 2/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Doris Brand)
- Place all of the ingredients (except the olive oil) into a food processor.
- Pulse until ingredients are coarsely chopped.
- Then continue pulsing adding the in the extra virgin olive oil until smooth.
Pesto Sauce can be added to almost any favorite meal. Add it to your favorite pasta or on top of grilled chicken.
This recipe is courtesy of Leilani Levoit, one of our customers. She serves it on top of a roasted Portobello mushroom with a tomato cucumber balsamic salad and toasted gluten free bread with butter and garlic. Leilani says ” A couple of years ago someone gave me basil. I never made pesto so I googled it. I didn’t have parmesan cheese. I didn’t have pine nuts, I did have macadamia nuts! So I’ve been making this just like this. Hope you enjoy! Love promoting healthy eating!”