Mini Chicken Meatballs
These make a great side dish for any meal! Thanks Giada De Laurentiis!
- 1/4 cup(s) Doris’ Own plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon(s) whole milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 3/4 cup(s) freshly grated Romano cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound(s) ground chicken
- 1/4 cup(s) Cento Pure Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Cento low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh basil, for garnish
- 1/2 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs, milk, ketchup, Romano cheese, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken and combine well. Use a melon baller (or a teaspoon measure) to scoop the mixture; roll the seasoned chicken into 3/4-inch mini meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add the meatballs and cook without moving until brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Turn the meatballs and brown the tops, about 2 minutes longer. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the meatballs are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.