Pasta in a Lamb Ragout
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 16oz. box of your favorite pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2lb. lamb stew meat, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup white wine
- 28oz. can (or 2 – 14oz. cans) Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 1/2 cup Locatelli Romano Cheese, grated
- salt – at your discretion for taste
- freshly ground pepper – at your discretion for taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season water with salt (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet; add diced onions and chili flakes. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Add lamb meat and brown well. Season with salt & pepper at your discretion.
- Deglaze with wine and continue cooking until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add tomatoes and stew for 5 minutes.
- Cook Pasta according to package directions; drain and toss with sauce.
- Toss with basil and grated cheese before serving.
Buon appetito! (all the ingredients in this recipe can be found at your nearest Doris Italian Market & Bakery)