Stuffed Chicken Breast with a Red Wine Reduction
Serves 4 people
- 2 whole boneless & skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices Spanish Manchego cheese
- 8 slices Italian Fontina cheese
- 8 slices Prosciutto di Parma
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- 2 cups of Doris Montepulciano Red Wine
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Using a knife cut each chicken breast in half so you have 4 pieces of chicken. Cut into the side of each piece of chicken to create a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Season the pocket with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Stuff each piece with Manchego, Fontina, and Prosciutto (2 slices each per chicken).
- Close the chicken pocket, tucking in any filling.
- Season outside of chicken with paprika and bake at 325 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Red Wine Reduction Sauce
- As chicken is baking combine sugar and red wine in a pan on high heat. When it comes to a boil reduce heat to low as to not burn it. Heat mixture until it has a thick syrupy consistency.
- When the chicken is done place in a dish and drizzle the red wine reduction on top of the stuffed chicken. Buon Appetito! This dish was showcased on a previous video on Cheeses of the World. You can view that video below: