A unique Stella recipe, Fontinella is distinctively sweet and creamy smooth, with just a hint of sharpness. This versatile cheese will enhance any recipe. It melts beautifully in sauces and casseroles, and is superb in grilled sandwiches. In fact, the name comes from the Italian word “fondere”, which means melt. Today many chefs use Fontinella as a zesty, change-of-pace flavor on pizza.
Easy Usage Ideas:
• Pair with fruit and crackers.
• Broil sliced Fontinella on focaccia bread.
• Serve ravioli topped with grated Fontinella.
• Create a “white” pizza with artichokes and Fontinella.
• Top marinated kidney beans with tomato, avocado and shredded Fontinella.
• Toss tortellini with diced Fontinella, vinaigrette and spring vegetables.